Stainless steel appliances have become a popular staple in many kitchens and bathrooms. Stainless steel has many great qualities. It is durable and resistant to water damage and rust. But, most homeowners have come to realize that stainless steel doesn’t always stay “stainless”. Especially if you have young kids, fingerprints, smudges and water stains tend to show up easily on the surfaces of dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens.
Keeping your stainless steel appliances clean can actually be pretty easy to do and does not require expensive cleaning products either. Most likely, you will need to clean your stainless steel appliances pretty regularly to keep them looking fresh. The good news is your appliances probably won’t need a deep cleaning often, usually a quick wipe down will do the trick.
What to use:
It is important to know which cleaning products to use and which ones to stay away from when it come to your stainless steel appliances. You should stay away from harsh abrasives, steel wool, bleach and ammonia because they can damage the finish of the appliance. Some easy cleaners to use for your stainless steel appliances are:
1. Dish Soap & Baby Oil: Simple dish soap can work to clean your appliances and finish it with a shine using a small amount of baby oil on a microfiber cloth.
2. Club Soda: This can be sprayed directly onto appliance and wiped in the direction of the grain of the appliance.
3. Glass Cleaner: Any common glass cleaner, like Windex, can be helpful in removing surface fingerprints.
4. Commercial Stainless Steel Cleaners: This is a more expensive option than the rest, but these types of cleaners can help to minimize scratches and remove harder stains. They can also be great for polish the surface for a long-lasting shine.
5. Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes: Great for use in between deep cleanings for quick wiping of cooking splatters and fingerprints. Wipes are typically offered in an easy to reseal canister that is convenient and won’t make a mess.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to clean with the grain when cleaning your stainless steel appliances. If you don’t, it could leave streaks or lead to build up of the product you used in the small crevices. Keeping stainless steel “stainless” requires regular maintenance and care. Whether you use at home products or more expensive products from a store, keeping your appliances clean is important. With a little elbow grease and the right cleaning products, your stainless steel appliances will continue to look new for years to come!
Questions? We can help!
If you are still wondering what the best cleaning products are for your stainless steel appliances, it never hurts to double check. You never want to use something that might permanently damage the look of your appliance. At Same Day Appliance, we are here for all of our customers needs. We will gladly talk you through the best products to use and some expert cleaning tips! Give us a call today to talk to one of our knowledgable team members!